Thursday, January 3, 2013

We got to see the newest addition again yesterday. We're not banking on anything yet, but it sure looks like a boy in there. We got a pretty clear shot. I'm in a bit of shock over that notion. I'm a little scared to have a son. I'm not sure how to be a good mom to a boy. If this really is a boy (which I've thought all along & continue to believe, but we'll see in 5 weeks), it's gonna be a wild ride.

Babygirl is in quite a phase right now. She's learning so much, so fast, it's really astounding. Suddenly she's an active member of coherent conversations & slowly but surely potty training herself. One of her favorite parts of the day is watching a show on PBS called Signing Time, she follows along and even retains a fair amount of the signs. She's so opinionated & dramatic. And she's a ham... you pull out a mirror or camera & she is all over it. She's wild, too; jumping around, all over the furniture, scaring the hell out of me. She's stopped taking naps now, which is just so wonderful for me. Sigh. It's a lot of fun though, altogether.

Hubbs is chugging right along towards his promotion. I'm praying my brains out that this works out. It may be a crappy bunch of people to work for that we're not necessarily proud of, but experience is always good & this company is actually well-respected. If he could get some decent experience here, he can take it to a better company & move up the ladder. It's not grand, but it's a reasonable career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment